_____________________________

5.20.2011

Ombre Hair

BRAND NEW HAIR

After a month of bleaching, I finally have the ombre hair I want.

I bleached it at home with Superdrug Colour Performance Lightener, leaving the bleach on for half the recommended time, rinsing, and repeating only from higher up- this creates the dip-dye effect. I then coloured it with a light brown, also Superdrug's own brand. There was an offer on at the time so both came to £6.

I repeated the process two weeks later, after deep conditioning it a few times. On this occasion I used Garnier Nutrisse Pre Lightener, which costs around £5. I used both satchets of lifting powder provided as my hair is particularly dark.

I left this for about 2-3 weeks, regularly intensely conditioning the bleached section of my hair.

I then used a GROUPON deal to have a cut, full colour and conditioning treatment for £25 at Zazu in Forest Hall, Benton (North East England). The offer is on until October 2011 and you make a saving of about £55, so if you live in the area, I highly recommend it.
The hairdresser put a 10% volume bleach on the ends of my hair, a dark brown over the rest and left it for about 45 minutes and this was the end result!