_____________________________

7.29.2011

Volunteer Work at The Salvation Army

This week I signposted the fashion section!

I had it organised into three key trends:
-Brights
-Androgyny
-Prints
It encouraged a lot of purchases and I also noticed a large number of shoppers putting clothes back into their correct categories. That's a massive help when trying to keep a charity shop looking the best it can. 
I also made three purchases (all at £1 each thanks to my staff and student discount)
-An XS Bright White, never worn, Topman T-shirt
-An oversized breton stripe T-shirt, never worn
-My favourite, a retro 'Christmas' jumper!
I'm going to continue to keep an eye out for more vintage knits, as they're going to be big again this Winter.


My retro knitted jumper.
If you live in the Newcastle area, why not come in for a browse? We have a load of retro cameras in, Armani jeans, See by Chloe tops and we've recently doubled our vintage section! We're located on Clayton Street (which leads to the O2 Academy) in central Newcastle. Nearest Metro Stations are Monument and Central Station.

I also have an exciting project lined up involving the store, but there'll be news on that in weeks to come...