_____________________________

10.24.2013

My Summer: #4TDays The Guardian and Channel 4

Channel 4 hosted a journalism themed event in London this summer, and I was fortunate enough to be one of the thirty to secure a place. We spent a full day at Channel 4 HQ and another at The Guardian. Both days were incredibly insightful and provided a boost of determination before I headed in Year 2 of my degree. Although I have chosen to work in Broadcast this year, my day at The Guardian encouraged me to stick at writing stories.
At Channel 4, we received a talk on travel journalism, and it made me realise how much I had learnt during my internship about sourcing stories abroad.

The day after developing my skills with The Guardian, I pitched a new story to Sky and received a phone call accepting it within half an hour.

A very helpful experience, and one for which I am extremely thankful.